Friday, December 18, 2009

hula! :S

Hah, it's 11pm on a Friday night and my feet are frozen and dirty, and my ankles are about ready to snap. Why? Because I spent all night trying to teach myself the hula. Why? Because I'm crazy, and because I don't know how to say 'no.'

Our department is taking Rach and me to a big Christmas party next Thursday at one of the hotels in Fuling. The cost: 400RMB per person. Yowwww. Thankfully, for us, it's free.

Ah, but nothing is ever really free, is it?
So Rach and I are being made to put on a performance. She's going to sing a Christmas song, and I, because of my fear of singing in public, chose to dance. HAH.

I suck at dancing, and have never in my life done the hula.
But thanks to some random video I found on the internet, I got half of Hanohano Lei Pikake down. Thankfully I'm far away enough from Hawaii ne to not have to worry about getting beaten up for making a mockery of the hula. I swear, I'm not doing it on purpose!

No comments: