Friday, September 24, 2010

xiexie, xie

My first date with Xie Haoxin just ended.
It went well, I think, aside from the fact that I had to seriously work to understand what he was saying. I hope I didn't bore him by forcing him to talk in simple Chinese.

I 'm definitely a little uneasy. First of all, as I've already implied, he doesn't speak English. Secondly, he's a freakin student. Yeah, I know, this could be very wrong. I've been trying to justify it - he's not MY student, he's not even in my department, he's only one year younger, this town is made up of students (who else am I going to date? the teachers are way older than me!), he's mature, he understands my concern.....he bought me sushi...

Thirdly, I have less than a year left, and most of my time is on reserve for MY students...

But he's cute. And patient with me and my crappy Chinese. And it's just been so damn long since I've felt this way about anybody....

No comments: