Friday, September 10, 2010

Teachers' Day

It's Teachers' Day in the PRC!
I wish we had a holiday like that back in the states. I just love it when students take the time to actually think about all that goes into making a class happen. =) I swear, if I ever make it back to grad school, I'm going to lavish my profs with gratitude. Brown-noser, I know =P

In a lil bit KT and I are going to celebrate the holiday AND our first week of school with Luna & Co. at the tang guo restaurant. A few weeks ago I bumped into that waitress with the permanent scowl. "Ayi, ni hao!" I said, and what did I get back in return? A scowl. And a look that seemed to ask, "why the hell are you calling me Ayi?" Haha but I still love her if only because of the delicious food she serves.

Other news: Tyler might come to visit! I am hope hope hope that he'll be able to make it. He's my only hope--- the only one from home who seriously wants to check out China. To be able to take him around and show him my community would be SUCH a cool thing!

No comments: