Wednesday, August 25, 2010

stigmatism

The stigmatism in my left eye is really messing me up. Making me so so so DIZZY!!
Maybe the only reason why my vision is ultra blurry now is because for the past week I've been hiding out in my apartment working on one aspect or another of the FIVE grad school apps I'm currently filling out. Yikes, to think sane people actually do apply to more schools than that!

It's still early in the game but I want to make these babies sparkle as much as I can before school starts. This year I am determined to do more as a volunteer. Last year was all about adjusting and having fun... this year, I MUST try to do something "impactful," because if I don't I'm going to go back to America and have to live out the rest of my life knowing that I didn't do crap as a volunteer. Who wants to live with that kind of regret????

So, on September 13, my women's leadership group will begin. Who will be in it? Where will we meet? Which female hero will provide the inspiration? I have no clue. All that's set is the date... in fact, I JUST NOW randomly chose this date, simply to make a public commitment (never mind that no one actually reads this) so that I actually DO IT. And yes, I have commitment issues!

Also, environmental and AIDS awareness lessons are in the line up for this year's Oral English classes. And a prom or winter ball? Movie night? Maybe doing a Turbo Jam or Zumba (first I have to learn) class once the weather cools?

Oh, and just for me, I seriously want to learn kung fu.

ACTIVE is my theme for this semester.
So that is why I am killing myself on grad apps so early on. They say the second year of PC service is supposed to fly by, but how can that be so when I will be waiting with sweaty palms til fricken APRIL to find out where I'll be going??? I am trippin, better go rest these eyes!

No comments: