Monday, June 1, 2009

sudden rush

Not doing much today. Going to the gym as soon as Dad returns with the truck. Then perhaps an attempt to study for the GRE at some cafe. Most likely Starbucks, as that is the only option besides Kope Kope, which smells like butt. And then, perhaps a trip to the store to buy like, TEN deodorants and some sun screen. Right now I'm reading Love in a Time of Cholera and listening to the Hiilawe remix, the only Sudden Rush song I can find.

My appreciation for Sudden Rush has been thoroughly revived thanks to the Malcolm X International Worker's Day event at UH. I went to support Porakan and Ben, my after-class beer buddies, who were going to speak out against sweatshops. While we were sitting on the green steps half listening to the MANY other speeches by local activists, I spotted Sudden Rush cruising under a tree, and instantly felt as if I had turned into an adolescent. OMG YOU GUYS, Sudden Rush is here! SWEEEEEET! Ew, I can just hear myself. Anyway, after a few more speeches, Keala and his crew finally emerged from the grassy backdrop and busted out their Hawaiian-rap remixes. The sounds of my youth!

Ohh but WTF, iTunes doesn't have any of their albums!
Wattup wit dat?
I guess it's a sign that I should clean my room. Maybe I'll uncover some of their songs from last decade.

I am on a mission stuff my iPod with Hawaiian music before I leave! Especially the stuff from 5-10 years ago!


Oh! I just noticed the date. Exactly ONE more month til China!

No comments: